Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lost moments

I feel a little ashamed coming into it this late, and cannot believe that it's been 7 weeks since i've started college. But im here now, and though I most likely won't be that consistant, I wanted to be a part of this, to stay connected with people that played huge parts in shaping who i am.

week 7- I am a new creature (I think thats the one, lemme know if it's not)

When reading 2 cor 5, and mulling it over, my mind almost read over v17. When it comes to being a new creature the concept almost goes in one ear and out the other i've heard it so many times. Hardly ever do i actually think about it. This time though i stopped myself and forced myself to think, to chew, to listen. I realized that being a new creature forces us to act differently than everyone else. We cannot act like them any longer, we still live with them, walk around and communicate with them, but we're different, set apart. But with that comes the problem, we stand out. When we properly renew our minds and bodies, we become a startling anomaly. Not only do we stand out, but we have the responsibility of acting in Christ's stead to reach the world. Basically every moment in our new lives is an opportunity to walk as Christ, the more exactly we follow His steps, the better chance we have of making an impact even greater than the one He had. The best part? We aren't called to do it perfect, God knows we can't, we're still attempting to figure out how our new bodies work, how they move, how they react, and it's the lifelong process of discovering God's plan for this new life, a plan we won't ever know in this life on earth.

Now I know i've jumped around all over the place, and parts of this won't make sense, but this is my brain process written down.

Anywho, I miss you all, and love you dearly
Jonathan Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment