Tuesday, October 11, 2011

POW.


I am sanctified.
I am a new creature.
I am a partaker of His divine nature.

No matter how many times we mess, no matter how many quiet times we skip, or how many times we sin, God makes us sanctified.

Sanctified: to be made holy.

Idk about you guys but I know that I'm not holy, nor do I deserve to be holy. But God tells me "Micaela, I make you blameless in my eye, and I have made you holy, not once but every single day.

"You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of God."
1 Corinthians 6:11

God doesn't make it comlpicated He just says...you were sanctified. You are holy in my eyes. POW. WHAT?! This is such a struggle for me to wrap my mind around. That no matter how many times I do something silly God just tells me to learn from it and that I'm forgiven.
jeez, God is good.
Oh and random verse but not really: Romans 3:26 "This not nonly clear, but it's now-this is current history! God sets things right. he also makes it possible for us to live in his rightness."
This just reemphasized it for me. This is current history! God does this daily for us! Which brings me to "I am a new creature."

God makes us a new creature every day renewing our faith, our mind, and our soul. He forgives us daily because we sin daily. 

You and I are saved from the prison that Paul describes in Romans? I think. If we are prisoners than that means that we were caught for something bad that we were chained to sin. So if we are freed from the darkness and we can finally let our wrists breathe after years of the chains cutting off the circulation, then we should do everything in our power to not go back to that prison. God frees us from the opression of sin and tells us that we have a new life.
I choose to run out of the prison as a new girl, a new person, a new soul; no longer slave to sin but a humble servant to righteousness and God. POW. I am new and I don't even have to think about my old sin because it doesn't exist anymore. Sanctified and a new creature. Wow, God is good.

Finally Partaker of His divine nature.
He tells us that we are prince and princesses in His kingdom which therefore means that we get to take part in this divinity. We get tou have a divine romance with him that is not like any other parent-child bond. He loves us so mcuh that he allows us to sin, repent, be forgiven, AND STILL BE ROYALTY. say what!?
That is sick. end of story.

Alright I feel like I have rambled a little but that's okay.
I love you all and am praying for your years =]
Micaela

No comments:

Post a Comment